We will begin our visit in the valley. This part of the garden was designed by Russell Page beginning in 1956. It is shaped like an L, the long axis formed by a thin rivulet of water. The short axis comes to an end directly in front of the house, Villa Walton, built by William and Susana in 1962. The visual axis is punctuated by four fountains which were designed at different times in the garden’s development.